Natural Home Remedies for SUNBURN
1. Soak in a tub of warm water and either baking soda or apple cider vinegar.
2. Chop cucumbers into slices and apply to the burned area.
3. Apply a mixture of 1 part tomato juice and 6 parts buttermilk to the burned area.
4. Apply Aloe Vera Gel (Or if you have an aloe vera plant, cut a leaf and apply fresh aloe to the burn!)
Natural Remedies for CRADLE CAP
1. Use a mixture of half Head & Shoulders Sensitive and half regular baby shampoo and wash normally. Should clear it up in about a week!
2. Use a soft toothbrush and baby oil to clear away the cradle cap. Rub gently!!!!
Natural Home Remedies for POISON IVY
1. Spray apple cider vinegar over the area. The vinegar will draw out the poison.
2. Cook oatmeal as normal. Once it has cooled for a few minutes, apply the paste to the area. It will dry hard. Leave for about a half an hour before washing off.
3. Take 3 tsp of baking soda and 1 tsp of water and make a paste. Apply to poison ivy and allow to dry.
4. Apply full strength dishwashing liquid to the area and wash with cool water. The anti-grease agents will help heal the poison ivy.
5.Take plain white DIAL bar soap (MUST BE DIAL!) and put a heavy lather onto the area. Allow to dry uncovered. Repeat this 4 times a day.
6. To stop the itching- spray with hairspray!
Natural Home Remedies for HEAD LICE
1. Mix equal parts Vaseline, Olive Oil and Mayo. Keep in hair overnight under a shower cap and shampoo regularly the next morning.
2. Wash hair in vinegar. It will kill all the nits in two days.
3. Use equal parts lemon juice and butter and apply to hair to kill the lice. Leave for 20 seconds and then rinse.
4. Wash hair with regular shampoo and then apply ORIGINAL Listerine and leave for 15-20 minutes. Rinse hair, but don’t shampoo again.
Natural Home Remedies for BUG BITES
1. Soak the affected area with apple cider vinegar
2. Spread some honey on a clean cloth. Place an ice cube on top of the honey and wrap the cloth. Apply to area with honey side towards the bite.
3. Cover the bite with clear nail polish to stop the itching. (You can used colored polish, but it might look pretty funny!)
4. Take regular toothpaste (not gel) and dab onto the bite.
5. Try rubbing the inside of a banana peel on the affected area. It will help relieve the itching and irritation.
6. Moisten the area and then rub an antacid tablet on the bite. The antacid will weaken the proteins in the bug venom that cause the inflammation and soreness.
Natural Home Remedies for SKIN, HAIR, AND NAILS
1. Chapped Skin: Use sweet oil and rub into hands, feet and lips. Take an old toothbrush and rub briskly to remove dead skin.
2. Make-Up Removal: Use baby oil, petroleum jelly or sweet oil on a cotton ball and remove make-up. Works great and doesn’t cost as much as those anti-aging creams! (My friend swears this is why she doesn’t have crows feet!)
3. Cuticles: Use a mixture of half vinegar and half warm water to soak cuticles. Then, apply sweet oil to the cuticle and push back gently using a toothpick wrapped in cotton.
4. Hair that has static from the cold winter: rub a dryer sheet across your hair. (Leave one in your purse in case you need it once you get to your destination!)
5. Gum in Hair: Use sweet oil or peanut butter to remove the gum instead of cutting it out.
6. Gum on clothing or carpet: Use canned air (like you use to clean keyboards) to freeze the gum and then break apart.
7. Minor Cut: If you are still beastfeeding, dab a small about of your breastmilk on a cotton pad and apply to the wound. Breastmilk contains natural antibiotics!